Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Finally Settled

It has been a whirlwind 2 weeks trying to unpack and get settled in our new house. We've moved 5 times since 2007!! We've worked REALLY hard to get the house in a livable, comfortable condition, especially since we had visitors over the weekend. Here is a 28 week picture on Easter in our backyard, just 2 days after moving in:

Mike's parents came in late Thursday and left early Sunday morning. They were in town for Baby Fitz's shower on Saturday. By the time they got here, we only had the boxes of random stuff left to deal with, you know, the stuff that got packed last and gets unpacked last because you just don't know where it all goes! Well, Jan was super helpful in going through all that "stuff" and helping me make decisions and find homes for all that junk. By Friday at lunchtime, we had no more boxes on the floor!!

BIG THANKS TO MIKE & JAN!!
The baby shower was absolutely wonderful. My friends and my mom did a fabulous job throwing a lovely party to celebrate baby Fitz. The theme was the Kentucky Derby since the Derby was taking place that same afternoon, so we all wore fun dresses and big hats. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family who showered us with a ton of gifts for the baby. We are now almost completely prepared for baby's arrival, at least supply-wise...We had a photographer at the shower, so I'll be able to post pictures when I get her link. But I did take some pictures of all the fun baby loot...



My first Mother's Day was very special. Mike gave me some very sweet gifts and cooked for me all day. But by the end of the day, I think the last 2 weeks finally caught up with me, and I completely crashed. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I had a free moment to relax, and so that's exactly what I did! And it was great =)

No comments:

Post a Comment