Monday, October 11, 2010

San Diego!!!!

We took a trip to San Diego way back in June. Our camera was M.I.A. for several weeks (maybe months?) so I just now uploaded all of our pictures. Before this past summer, I had never been to California and Mike hadn't been in a really long time. I signed up for a Human Resources convention (as exciting as it sounds!) and used it as an opportunity for Mike and me to take a few days to explore the city. I LOVED San Diego but didn't realize I would see the sun only a few times in one week. It was in the low 60's some days, which was not what I packed for - just HAD to go to Nordstrom to buy a couple sweaters!

Of course, we had to visit the San Diego Zoo! It was the prettiest day of the entire week, so I'm glad we spent a few hours walking the zoo. We saw lots of fun animals - elephants, giraffes, pandas, koalas....




We visited with my college friend, Anna-Leigh and her husband Rich, who live in downtown San Diego. They took us to a fabulous brunch at JRDN in Pacific Beach and an even better dinner at Cowboy Star in SD. We visited with their puppy, Lilly, who is the cutest bulldog I've ever seen!
This is the view from the rooftop of AL and Rich's condo building in downtown SD. So cool!
We took a drive up the coast, and of course, had to stop at In-N-Out Burger...
We stopped along the highway to enjoy the beautiful coast of La Jolla.

We weren't the only tourists who stopped at Torrey Pines for a few pictures and some souvenirs from the pro shop. What a beautiful course - maybe one day we'll come back to play...

We celebrated our 6th Anniversary with a special dinner at Hotel del Coronado. I've always heard about this legendary hotel. The highlight of the dinner for me was the amazing food. For Mike, I think it was spotting Dick Vitale and his wife a few tables over...haha.




It's been a wonderful 6 years together - the time has flown by, but it's been a fun adventure along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment