Monday, January 4, 2010

Where are all the Pictures?

It looks like my #1 resolution for 2010 should be to take more pictures!! We had so many activities over the holidays but I really only have pictures from a couple of them.

We split the week of Thanksgiving between Mike's parents' house in the Tampa area and my parents' house on Hutchinson Island. We had such a great time with our families and definitely enjoyed the warm weather in November.

I was actually brave enough to reach my hand into a big bucket of 2 dozen live shrimp, on multiple occasions, to bait my hook when Mike and I went fishing. I must have done something right because I caught the only fish in 2 days of fishing! Here is me with my 22" snook!!




Mike actually had to get the hook out of his mouth (I do have my limitations) but we got to take pictures before freeing him back into the water. Apparently you can't keep them if they are under 24", but we weren't actually going to keep him to eat anyway. That would be WAY too messy.


We drove down to Sarasota with Mike's parents to check out their new boat. The boat in the picture is amazing, but of course, not the one they actually bought. We enjoyed a little happy hour at this marina and watched the sunset over the water.


Mike and Jan took us to a comedy club in Tampa. We hadn't been to a comedy show in a long time so I had forgotten how fun they are - it's good to laugh!!


Apparently my mom took all the pictures at Christmastime because this is the only worthwhile picture we have of the holiday. This is Mike's mom and Elsie enjoying the new, GINORMOUS, dog bed in our living room. There really is enough room for 2 large dogs and a person to sleep comfortably.


We've been lucky enough to spend all of our Christmases with both of our families since we've been married. We do a couple days before Christmas with the Hunts and then head to Nashville at lunchtime on Christmas Day to join the Fitz clan. It's always a long Christmas day but it's worth it to spend time with everyone. Maybe next year I'll actually remember to haul out the camera to capture some of the merriment!

One of the traditions we started a few years ago was to go out to dinner with Mike's parents and grandmother one night after Christmas. We always choose one of the Nashville restaurants we always say, "we should go there the next time we have a special occasion." Well, those special occasions normally only happen once a year when the Fitz parents take us out. We've gone to Stockyard, Ruth's Chris, Jimmy Kelly's, Mad Platter and this year Park Cafe, which I think is my favorite so far.

We had a crazy NYE celebration - that will be for another post.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment